Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tutorial Thursday-How to keep your New Years resolution!

1.      Stay motivated! Many people after a month, or even a week, claim that they don't have enough time or makeup some kind of excuse to stop doing their resolution, but I think they aren't motivated enough, because I believe if you are motivated enough, you can do anything! For example, last year in 2013 during the first week of the new year when I went to the gym, it was PACKED. There were people everywhere, however as time went by, like 1-2 weeks after, the gym was nearly, completely empty!
This year my goal is to lose weight/eat healthy, I only wish to lose about 10 pounds, but I know I'm not the type of person to say, oh it's such a small amount, it doesn't matter, but the truth is it does matter if I made the resolution in the first place, it has to have some kind of meaning. Someways I like to stay motivated with my goal is instagram, there are MANY accounts dedicated to posting pictures of workout plans or perfectly toned bodies that make me think, 'Ok, if I work hard enough, I can look like this' because you can't get what you want just by laying around! 

2.    Make it fun! I know sometimes before I workout, I DREAD it because it's always the same, boring routine. That's why you should change it up a little! For example grab a friend and go running on a beautiful trail instead of running in place on a sweat covered treadmill. Also, a little competition never hurts! Trust me on this, when you challenge your friend on a run, it makes you want to run faster, or push your body, it's extremely helpful! Lastly, make a playlist of music to play as you workout, clean, or whatever your resolution is, it can distract you from the task at hand, and it makes time pass by, SUPER quickly! 

3.    Get the right equipment! I'm still going to continue using the workout resolution example, but anyways, the right equipment can assist you GREATLY in the process of your goal. For example, if you want to put healthy in your body, buy a juicer! These lovely things can make a yummy + healthy juice for you to consume that usually consist extremely healthy veggies and fruits! Also a fit bit is a little device that tracks, steps taken, calories burned, distance traveled, stairs climbed, hours slept, and quality of your sleep. This little device starting at 60 US dollars is extremely useful because it tracks your progress and you can see for yourself how you are doing!

I wish all of you the best of luck in this new year that brings many promises!
Good luck in 2014! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment